Description: SourceCon DC is meant to bring the DC Metro sourcing/recruiting community (recruiters, vendors, sourcers, managers, HR, etc) together to learn, share and network to enhance personal skills, career advancement and peer partnerships. This event is no cost to attendees and ERE Media/SourceCon does not profit other than we are allowed to use their branding to market our events.
Topics covered include:
- "Diversity Hiring" by Tiffany Ballve
- "Building Sourcing Blocks - How to leverage what you learn as you source" by Sue Viswanatha
- "Purple Squirrel Sourcing on a Shoestring Budget" by Steve Levy
This event is hosted by Brazen and sponsored by SourceMaven. Please see the full agenda below.
- 6:00-6:50pm: Hors d'oeuvres, beverages and networking
- 6:55-7:00pm: Welcome and intro by Joe Matar, Director of Marketing at Brazen
- 7:00-7:15pm: Tiffany Ballve, Senior Manager of Engineering Talent Sourcing and Diversity at Microsoft, "Diversity Hiring"
- 7:15-7:20pm: Arjun Gupta, Co-founder at SourceMaven, introduces Sue
- 7:20-7:35pm: Suvasanamayee ‘Sue’ Viswanatha, Senior Technical Recruiter at Capital One, "Building Sourcing Blocks - How to leverage what you learn as you source"
- 7:40-8:10pm: Steve Levy, "Purple Squirrel Sourcing on a Shoestring Budget"
- 8:10-8:30pm: Speaker Q&A lead by Ryan Gillis, Director of Research and Sourcing at The McCormick Group
Attire: Casual/Business Casual/Whatever you are working in :)
We hope to see you there!
VP Customer Success and Chief Talent Acquisition Evangelist at Crowded.com
Steve Levy brings an atypical combination of recruiting expertise and a technical experience to his performance-focused engagements with clients. He was one of the earliest members of the original ERE community and in 2004, was the first official ERE Blogger and Group Leader. Today he is one of the founding members of the recently launched Association of Talent Acquisition Professionals.
Steve is widely known as a talent acquisition influencer across many industries and has been recognized as one of the most influential technical recruiting thought leaders and one of the top people to follow on social media recruiting. As Principal of The Recruiting Inferno, he offers hands-on consulting spanning strategy, sourcing, recruiting, training, and coaching. Steve is also an Advisor to Hiretual and eTeki. He is a Tau Beta Pi engineer with advanced degrees in Industrial/Organizational Psychology focused on research design and multivariate analysis.
Senior Talent Sourcing Manager, Engineering at Microsoft
Tiffany Ballve is Senior Manager of Engineering Talent Sourcing and Diversity at Microsoft. She has over 17 years of agency and corporate Talent Acquisition (TA) experience in roles from technical recruiter and sourcer to team lead and recruiting director for consulting and software companies alike. Mrs. Ballve is keenly adept at building TA functions from the ground up and positioning companies for high-growth periods. She has years of experience growing and training best in class Recruiting teams and is responsible for the development of the TA infrastructure and Recruiting strategy. Tiffany is highly skilled in Employer and Talent Branding and built and managed multiple companies' branding efforts across the board.
Tiffany holds a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology with a dual minor in Sociology and Information Technology from George Mason University. She is also an AIRS Advanced Certified Internet Recruiter, Certified LinkedIn Recruiter, and SourceCon GrandMaster Finalist. When not working, Tiffany enjoys spending time with her husband, Basim, and their six kids visiting museums, playing sports (soccer is her favorite), or traveling around the world."